Re: Re: License tag in packages

On 6/29/06, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>>> "CS" == Christopher Stone <chris.stone@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
So let me see if I can correctly summarize the open questions:

Here are my questions:

1) Is there truely any liability on the packager for what is contained
in the license tag?
2) What is the actual purpose of the license tag?  A definition should
be in place on what this actually is.
3) Clarification on if there is any legal binding to the license tag.
4) Should rpmlint be enhanced to allow version numbers on license tags?