Re: Fedora Jam 34 (upgrade): Ardour 6.6 freezes during export or Loudness Analyzer

One work around spoken of is to use the alsa or dummy backends in ardour (windows->Audio MIDI setup: Audio system drop down).

Neither of these were installed on my Fedora Jam 34 upgraded from 33.

the command:

"dnf install ardour6-backend-dummy"

installs the dummy backend, but it still didn't show up (maybe a developer setting in ardour is required?)

"dnf install ardour6-backend-alsa" installed the alsa backend and this then did provide alsa in the Ardour Audio System drop down.

I tested it and I can now export audio files just fine.  Only problem is that it takes over my audio system and I had to quite Ardour to get sound output back (maybe there's another way to do this).

-Keith