Fedora 22 problems with Pianoteq

Hi,

Pianoteq is one of the few commmercial music software packages that are available also for the Linux platform. And I find it worth paying for and have been enjoying my Licence since Pianoteq version 3.

But since my update to Fedora 22 I have some mysterious problems running Pianoteq 5 from the commandline. (No such problems I think on Fedora 21). I am using 64 bits Fedora 22. The problems only occur if I run the 64 bits Pianoteq binary. I have also some 32 bits libraries installed on my system. If I run the 32 bits version of Pianoteq on my system, the problems don't seem to occur. There is a demo version available on www.pianoteq.com if you want to try Pianoteq. I am especially interested if other Fedora 22 users are able to reproduce my issues. Or if people still using Fedora 21 or older don't see these problems happening. If there really is a problem with Fedora 22 I would like to find what exactly goes wrong, so that I can send a bug report to the right place. Until now this is a big mystery for me.

examples:

$ amd64/Pianoteq\ 5 --version
Pianoteq version 5.2.1/20150428 -- http://www.pianoteq.com
Copyright (c) #PROBLEM: HERE IT EXITS

$ i386/Pianoteq\ 5 --version
Pianoteq version 5.2.1/20150428 -- http://www.pianoteq.com
Copyright (c) 2015 Modartt. #THIS IS CORRECT

$ amd64/Pianoteq\ 5 --help
Pianoteq version 5.2.1/20150428 -- http://www.pianoteq.com
Copyright (c) #PROBLEM: HERE IT EXITS

$ i386/Pianoteq\ 5 --help #THIS WORKS AS EXPECTED
Pianoteq version 5.2.1/20150428 -- http://www.pianoteq.com
Copyright (c) 2015 Modartt.
Options from command-line:
 --help            : show this help, and quit
 --version         : show current version number and date, and quit
 --no-prefs        : start Pianoteq without using any saved preference
 --no-audio-prefs  : start Pianoteq with a clean audio/midi configuration
 --prefs FILENAME  : stores the preferences in the specified file
 --fxp FILENAME    : load an FXP file on startup
 --preset NAME     : load a preset on startup
 --list-presets    : display the list of all presets
 --midimapping NAME: load a midimapping preset on startup
 --midi FILENAME   : load a midi file
 --wav FILENAME    : export midi file as wav, and quit
 --rate FREQ       : change the sample rate for the exported wav
--bit-depth D : change the bit-depth for the exported wav (16,24 or 32)
 --dither ON/OFF   : turn dithering when exporting on or off
 --mono            : export the wav file as mono
 --headless        : do not show the graphical interface
 --fullscreen      : start in fullscreen mode
 --play            : immediately start playing the midi file
 --play-and-quit   : start playing the midi file, and quit when it ends
Example of use: Pianoteq --preset "U4 Small" --midi foo.mid --wav foo.wav

$ amd64/Pianoteq\ 5 --midi "example.mid" --wav "example.wav"
 amd64/Pianoteq\ 5 --midi example.mid --wav example.wav
Current preset: D4 Daily Practice, instrument: Grand D4
Multi-core: got real-time scheduling with priority 16
Writing to example.wav, quality: #PROBLEM: HERE IT EXITS

$ i386/Pianoteq\ 5 --midi "example.mid" --wav "example.wav"
Current preset: D4 Daily Practice, instrument: Grand D4
Writing to example.wav, quality: 0
Multi-core: got real-time scheduling with priority 16
...................... #HERE THE FILE example.wav IS CORRECTLY WRITTEN

--

MT