Re: Motu audio-MIDI interfaces on FEdora 21

On 06/05/2015 09:05 PM, andremartins wrote:
Martin Tarenskeen <m.tarenskeen@...> writes:

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015, andremartins wrote:

Hi there, I have an audioExpress hybrid firewire/usb from MOTU, and I am
running Fedora 21 on X220. Is there any chance that it can work on Pd,
Supercollider or Ardour?
Thanks.
You already own the audiExpress.
I doesn't cost you a penny to try it and let us know if you encounter any
problems?

Well, I probably did not express myself clearly. Of course, I already did
that. I mainly use Motu on Mac OSX, but I always wanted to have a 2nd machine
with linux. After a few months using Ubuntu, a distro' that I really did not
like, I switched to Fedora and I was impressed. Anyway, my Motu's interface
is not recognized in Fedora; I tried with Jack (via Qjackctl) or PulseAudio
or Alsamixer. The MOTU on Mac, after you plug the USB or firewire, right awya
make 3 blinks and sets it for the last configuration (44.1, 48 or 96kHz, for
instance). On Fedora, nothing really happens. It is like if the MOTU is not
even plugged on X220.I have Pd, Supercollider, Ardour and Audacity on Fedora,
none of then recognize the audioExpress. I have a Zoom H2 and it works pretty
ok with Jack, but the MOTU is way better and has MIDI. Thanks.

I think it could work if you use the firewire interface. People on FFADO make drivers to all kind of firewire gadgets. For MOTU "mark3" systems, you can read this thread for more info about the support:

http://www.ffado.org/?q=node/1268

MOTU is know to deny any kind of support to linux community.

For the USB interface, I think that ALSA project people could not make it work, as you can see in his supported gadgets vendors list:

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Mark_Of_The_Unicorn

Try with firewire and ffado drivers. Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Fermin