Need soundcard advice

My wife composes, and for playback she has used an Audigy2 PCI card in
her desktop machine for years.   That computer is beyond it's last legs
now, and her new one has only PCIE slots.  (Yes she uses Linux for her
composing and playback.)

The problem is that she uses the Midi feature of that card and has
sound fonts that she loads (about 126 MB in size) into it.  She has
given up trying to find one and has asked me to help... but so far I've
struck out.

Are there ANY PCIE sound which is roughly the equivalent of the Audigy
2 cards?   I won't say "money is no object", but I'm approaching the
point where cost is less important than finding such a card if on
exists.

Any pointers on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
 - Bill

--
william w. austin                                     airedad@xxxxxxx
"life is just another phase i'm going through. this time, anyway ..."