Re: Error on the Latest Nightly.

On 5 March 2013 10:52, Ian Malone <ibmalone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5 March 2013 06:30, Brian Monroe <briancmonroe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Brian Monroe <briancmonroe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm getting this traceback on the most recent nightly iso when I try to
>>> install to Hard Drive.
>>>   File "/sbin/anaconda", line 719, in <module>
>>>     from pyanaconda import kickstart
>>>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/kickstart.py", line
>>> 760, in <module>
>>>     class Network(commands.network.F19_Network):
>>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'F19_Network
>>>
>>> Bad download? It's also taking a lot longer than usual to boot. I'll try
>>> redownloading an iso  just incase.
>>

>> Not a bad download. =( I'm guessing Anaconda had a change that someone
>> hasn't committed the object for yet? I checked our kickstart file and didn't
>> see a line 760 but that's assuming the one on the wiki is current. Anyone
>> have an iso that works to install to hard drive? I'd rather not use this
>> live image as it takes about 10-12 minutes just to boot.
>
> Oh dear. That's not Jam specific, it looks like in-progress Anaconda changes.

It seems to be a known issue, Stephen Gallagher on the devel list,
"RFC: Fedora revamp proposal":
It's worth noting that right now we are less than a week from Alpha
freeze for Fedora 19, and yet Rawhide is not installable. This is what
we would like to avoid.

> The F18 Final TC3-equivalent ISO can still be found at
> Also I ended up having to install grub manually, that may be
> because I used manual partitioning.
> If not doing automatic partitioning it's worth going to storage
> options a second time and using whatever the option at the bottom left
> is called (I think it's show partitions or something) to check that
> grub is being installed, after that click done at the top left to go
> back to the main anaconda menu.

I've now tried this again under QEMU/KVM[1] and it may have been a
quirk of my original custom partition scheme. Custom partitioning this
time worked, though whether checking grub is set to be installed
somehow makes a difference to that is something I haven't investigated
([1] again).

[1] Which seems to be slower in F18, maybe something to do with my setup.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk