Re: DreamStudio Audio Indicator

On 18 February 2013 04:37, Christopher R. Antila
<crantila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Just wondering if people knew about this:
>
> http://www.dickmacinnis.com/dreamstudio/wiki/index.php?title=Audio_Indicator
>
> Seems like we should try to use (or extend) this or Cadence, rather
> than developing yet another solution... unless there's some reason I
> don't know.

Looks like it might do. Very hard to find source code though, despite
the fact it's GPLed. Looks to be script based though, so could be
gotten from the Ubuntu package:
https://launchpad.net/~dreamstudio/+archive/dreamstudio-stable/+packages

Also, would presumably need some work to port from Unity to KDE. Might
be preferable to convert to a stand-alone app to be desktop agnostic
(or see what it does differently under the hood to Jorn's).

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk