Re: [mup-users] Beta release of Mup 6.1 (fwd)

On 01/25/2013 08:38 AM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

Hi,

I am forwarding this message to the Fedora music group.
Not very long ago Arkkra Enterprises decided to make MUP a free and open
source project. (Until now you had to pay for a licence)

If we compare Mup to Lilypond (I use both): Lilypond is more powerful,
tweakable, and flexible. Mup is much faster, takes less diskspace, and
the user manual has less pages. Both are capable of producing
professional looking scores.

And for the sake of freedom of choice it would be nice if also MUP could
be part of Fedora.

MT
Looks like upstream is considering maintaining this in Fedora - best possible outcome I think.