Kick off Fedora 18 with a Bang!

Hi everybody:

Now that Fedora 18 is released, I'm sure we're all wondering about the status
of the Fedora Jam spin. I don't know anything about that.

But I *do* know about the Musicians' Guide, which I published for Fedora 18
earlier today.

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Musicians_Guide/index.html

Now that we have our own spin (whether or not it's official), I'd like to try
moving forward with revisions to improve the Musicians' Guide. I have
virtually no spare time, and that's my reality for the forseeable future, so
instead I'd like to encourage everybody who uses Fedora's music/audio software
to contribute!

When you contribute to documentation for free software, you're making it
easier for somebody else to take their first steps into unknown territory.
Comprehensive, accessible documentation is, in my opinion, one of the most
important tools we have when trying to spread free software to new users.

Here are two easy ways to join in...

1.) Check out our list of bugs:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_id_type=anyexact&list_id=1016002&classification=Fedora&query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&component=musicians-
guide&product=Fedora%20Documentation

If you see something that you can do (or do part of), just add your proposed
changes as a comment on the Bugzilla issue. Maybe you can rewrite an entire
chapter or section, one paragraph a day. Later on, I'll pick up your revised
version, add the Docs Project-specific markup, and publish your changes with
Fedora 19!

2.) Start using the Musicians' Guide, and report issues:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%20Documentation

The biggest challenge I have in maintaining this 270-page document is that,
because I know there are *tons* of different areas for improvement, it's
difficult to know where to start. Feedback from real users is invaluable in
helping to know where to spend my time. Even if it's as simple as fixing a
typo, clarifying a sentence, or including/excluding additional information,
your feedback is extremely important.

And heck, let us know when things are going well, too!

Christopher