Re: spin-kickstarts/fedora-jam

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Jørn Lomax <northlomax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Yep - I just looked at the page and it's there. It doesn't seem to
>>> have completed an ISO yet - any clue on how long it takes / how often
>>> I should check back?
>>>

>> From what i understood, they are not sure if we will get an iso straight
>> away. It was a little unclear. I'll bug them a little about it after
>> Christmas if nothing has happened by that time
>
> The reason I ask is
>
> a. Github is down, so I'm pretty much blocked on most of my other projects. :-(
>
> b. The last time I tried to build an ISO from the kickstart, it
> crashed on a missing package. Since I'm blocked at Github, I figured
> I'd download an ISO and see if the package was there before filing a
> bug at Fedora against the kickstart file.
>
> --
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
> Workbench: http://znmeb.github.com/Computational-Journalism-Publishers-Workbench/
>
> How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
> oh way!" at the top of their lungs?

Bingo - the build failed, and it's the same missing package I ran into:

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/3959/4813959/livecd.log

'system-config-printer-kde' isn't there. I suspect the actual error is
in one of the kickstart files the Jam kickstart imports, but I haven't
dug into the details yet.