Re: new spin compose / fix to favourites

On 12/09/2012 11:12 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Ian Malone <ibmalone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8 December 2012 00:06, Ian Malone <ibmalone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Will see if I can add anything to the Jack/Pulse stuff on the wiki
this weekend, was holding off while I tried to figure out if anything
would be likely to be different to previously, but it seems not.

Made some updates to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JACK_Audio_Connection_Kit#Integrate_Jack_with_Pulseaudio

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk

I tried realTimeConfigQuickScan with the current spin ISO and there
were a couple of issues that it flagged. I'm not on that machine at
the moment but I can get back to it later tonight. Still, there does
not appear to be *any* CPU frequency / performance governor package in
either Fedora 17 or Fedora 18. You have to poke the values manually as
'root' into the /proc filesystem as far as I can tell. The same goes
for "swappiness", another parameter that realTimeConfigQuickScan
flagged on my machine.

I'll go ahead and file a documentation bug against
realTimeConfigQuickScan when I get back to my machine.

Its handled by cpupower now in Fedora. realTimeConfigQuickScan should be easy enough to patch to detect its presence and display a message regarding that I would have thought. I can look into it if you like.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JACK_Audio_Connection_Kit#CPU_Performance_Governing