32 or 64 bits

Hi,

Very soon I will need to replace my old laptop.
On my new laptop I will again install a Fedora based system.
It will be a general purpose installation, but music/midi/audio will be an important part of my computer usage.

In the days when I first installed Fedora on my current laptop 32 and 64 bits distros were already available, but many people advised me to stick to 32 bits for the time being because: 1. There was hardly any advantage in real life usage for 64bits vs 32 bits. 2. There were (at that time) still compatibility issues with a few important software packages.

Question:

What's the current situation, especially for prof. audio/midi software, on Fedora? Should I go for 64 bits on a modern system, or is it still safer to stick to 32 bits ?

--

MT