Re: building the jam spin (Re: Where is the kickstart file for the audio spin?)

On 09/26/2012 12:06 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
On 3 September 2012 06:47, Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The kickstart can be found in the music creation git repo [1].

[1] http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=music-creation.git;a=summary

Having finally managed to build a ~working F18 Jam spin, thought I'd
share something I've just learned. The various .ks files that the spin
depends on are the versions in the spin-kickstarts fedora package,
however during the Fedora development cycle the spin-kickstarts
package is not kept up to date. This means you can't build a
pre-release spin reliably with them. The solution is to:

1. Check out the music-creation git
2. Check out git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/spin-kickstarts.git
3. Copy spin-kickstarts/fedora-jam/fedora-live-jam-kde.ks from
music-creation to spin-kickstarts
4. Use the jam ks copy in spin-kickstarts to actually build.
... I'll try to add that to the wiki when I get a minute.

Thanks to the efforts and keen eye of Mr. Malone, we now have a working spin build again. The spins are on my server at uni, so there should be plenty of bandwidth to go around.

You can get both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions at sheep-punchers.info/fedora-jam

I will set up a nightly build system later tonight, so that it will be built fresh every night

Now go download it and give it a try!

regards,
--
Jørn Lomax