Re: Ingen

On 09/19/2012 10:55 AM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

Hi,

After installing a whole bunch of dependencies - many from fedora, a few
from SVN sources - I managed to compile and install the stuff from

svn co http://svn.drobilla.net/lad/trunk drobilla-lad

And now have working versions of, among others, Ingen and all the MDA
effect and synth plugins on my Fedora systems. To be able to build Ingen
I also had to get the SVN version of LV2. Even the official Fedora
version wasn't new enough. I don't think the official Fedora repo's
should be filled with hardly tested alpha and beta development versions
from SVN or GIT or whatever. IMO this is already happening too often.

That doesn't mean I do not like to experiment. I am having a lot of fun
with Ingen. For example I can combine the MDA synths DX10 and JX10 with
all kinds of filters and effects to create really fat or weird sounds.

I do get crashes once in a while - that's part of the game if you want
to experiment.

Also I found, compiled, and tried a nice little LV2 bass-synth called
"minaton". Could be a nice candidate for Fedora also.

Anyway: after being a "promising and improved" alternative to DSSI and
LADSPA only in theory for years, now it looks like LV2 is slowly growing
to something that is actively supported by developers and actually
usable for users.

Nice to see more and more LV2 stuff showing up in Fedora, and there is
more of it waiting!

Yeah, I know. I won't be packaging Ingen until fully released. I keep hassling him about it - any day now he reckons. He's promised to have it ready by the end of the year.