Congratulations in order

Hi all,

this is just a quick memo to congratulate Jørn on his completion of the Fedora Audio spin project.

I've been really impressed with his communication skills, his confidence and his new found love for Fedora (there is some security in this bureaucratic madness). He has been an absolute pleasure to work with and has shown great diligence towards the task at hand. I'd also like to thank the co-mentor Chris for his efforts and past experience.

I've really enjoyed being a mentor this year - it has got me thinking about next year already. Now that we have the spin under our belt, I'm looking for new ideas/tasks that we can achieve (GSOC or not). Some that have come to mind:

- a dedicated Fedora Audio design team (ie. providing wallpapers, desktop themes for all DM's)
 - improving pavucontrol or providing a better "jack-aware" one
- upstream tasks such as jack, qjackctl and pulseaudio. I don't expect Rui to ever sanction the idea that qjackctl ever acknowledges pulse but its an idea)
 - making Jørn's audio control app a formidable player in all desktops

Anyway - food for thought. Please use this thread for further ideas as to how we can make Fedora audio better.

Brendan

PS. I'm thinking of adding an Audio tag to the groups file. IE.
yum groupinstall Audio

Lets start the list of packages now?