Re: Bugs/Changes/Ideas

On 07/13/2012 10:17 AM, Jørn Lomax wrote:
On 07/13/2012 05:09 AM, Brian Monroe wrote:
Bug off the 7/12 iso:

I think liveuser was added to the jackuser and audio groups but the user
I created after install definately wasn't.

We should fix this, as nothing will be more frustrating to folks to have
them say "It was working fine until I installed it."

I added my user to the appropriate groups but I kept getting errors
trying to run qjackctl:

09:45:16.223 Patchbay deactivated.
09:45:16.224 Statistics reset.
09:45:16.227 Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client. ALSA MIDI
patchbay will be not available.
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed:
Permission denied
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket
jack server is not running or cannot be started

I checked and running it on the live spin doesn't give an error, but I
can start Jack fine after I acknowledge the error in qjackctl and press
the start button in the GUI.     O.o  weird.

There is no way for us to set the default user when the spin is
installed afik. This is set by anaconda at install, and we have no way
of knowing what the username is when someone installs the spin. We might
be able to cat the passwd file and get all usernames with a uuid > 1000,
but i would have to check with the spins team about what order things
are done in so that it's done at the first config, not install (which is
where the %post section in the kickstart is performed). I'll look into
it and see what i find out.

Not sure if this the approved way but you could put this in your %post section:

for i in `users`; do usermod --groups audio,jackuser $i ; done;