Re: Action items for the Audio spin

On 04/04/2012 12:59 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
On 4 April 2012 05:50, Christopher R. Antila<crantila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hi:

On 04/03/2012 03:35 AM, Brendan Jones wrote:

The scratch LXDE kickstart I put together was still only a little
too large for a live CD (but not much) and it covered all of the
above bar supercollider.
I'm not sure Frescobaldi/LilyPond are required for a Live CD. They
don't take up much space, but Frescobaldi (at least used to) have a
SoundFont as a dependency.

I think for the DVD we should cover everything, and the Live CD a
subset showcasing the most popular applications (ie. one DAW
instead of three etc).
To that end, I added the "For Music Scholars" section to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Audio_creation_spin_development

Having those packages in the official Fedora repository unlocks a
potential user-base of five people at my institution, five people at
MIT, five people at Stanford, and two at University of Aberdeen.

Hi, this might seem like a silly question, but are there any plans to
have a default music player in the spin? Had a quick look through the
pages and google and can't see any mention of one. If the default
desktop is not Gnome or KDE then I guess their players wont be
included.

Separately, is Pulse going to be on by default? If it is then the jack
pulse plugins would be a useful inclusion.

Whilst not exactly minimal, some people might find that aqualung supports both jack and pulse out of the box, as well as the ability to use LADSPA plugins. A review for it popped up in RPMFusion a while back but has since been abandoned. All the free/non-free stuff can be turned off for mainline Fedora.

regards,

Brendan