Re: Open Octave Midi

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Brendan Jones
<brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/11/2012 11:32 AM, Thomas Volkmann wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I stumbled over this some weeks ago: http://www.openoctave.org/ . I
>> think it looks very interesting and I definitely need to give it a try,
>> but I failed miserably at building it.
>>
>> I contacted Thomas Moschny to ask if maybe he could do a package for it,
>> but he has no time for it and suggested that I could try this list.
>>
>> Is there anyone who build it already and give me some instructions, or
>> even provide a package?
>>
>> That would be so awesome!
>>

>> cheers,
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> Hi Thomas
>
> Open Octave uses the new LV2 stack (Lilv, sord, suil, and serd), none of
> which have been packaged yet (I'm doing them at the moment and shouldn't be
> too far off). When these are complete I can have a look at Open Octave.
>
> You probably already know that this is a fork of Rosegarden which we do have
> in the repos.

Nope, it is a fork of MusE, a project I develop for. Hence I am
reluctant to package OO (there was a partially nasty story behind, one
can find it out in the archives if he/she is so interested ). I don't
oppose it if someone else packages it though. It's a free world.

Best,
Orcan