Re: POLL: most used audio packages / yum audio production group

Happy New Year to you all,

and my slightly belated poll submission:

On Sat, 2011-12-24 at 13:37 +0100, Brendan Jones wrote:
> So, Merry Xmas! And I look forward to seeing everyone's replies!

Nils Philippsen: GNOME
libffado (source)
jack (source)
qjackctl
pulseaudio-module-jack
rhythmbox
hydrogen
ardour (fedora, source)
lv2-EQ10Q-plugins
lv2-invada-plugins
zynaddsubfx

You might wonder about rhythmbox and pulse above, I use it (and stuff
found on youtube ;-) for practicing to playbacks, which meanwhile works
charmingly glitch-free :-). Likewise, I use hydrogen mainly not for
creating drum parts, but verifying that I transcribed licks, phrases
etc. I heard (or imagined :-D) correctly.

I used to use kernel-rt, but not anymore as I had stability issues with
it on F-16 and found that the normal kernel seems to be quick enough and
not bad re: latency.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty