Re: New packages / Fedora Audio

On 12/10/2011 08:40 PM, Christopher Antila wrote:
> Hi:
>
> One package that I use almost every day is "frescobaldi". It was included
> until Fedora 15, is unmaintained in f16, and has a new upstream release coming
> soon. The previous maintainer gave us plenty of notice that he would be
> orphaning the package, and I thought I would be able to pick it up myself, but
> it's just not feasible for me in the near future. For my own use, it's easy
> enough to download the Python sources and run it locally... but to have it
> back in the official repository would be a definite plus for those of us who
> can't. It's also in the "Musicians' Guide."
>
> If that doesn't interest you, there's the "supercollider" set of packages,
> currently available in PlanetCCRMA@Home, that I feel would be great to have in
> the "real" Fedora repositories.

I'll speak to fernando about the supercollider set, as for frescobaldi,
I'll unorphan it and put it up for re-review.

BTW Christopher, your efforts have not gone unnoticed. Why 18, we can do
this for the next release (17)? I'm happy to put the time in, it
actually works really well for me at the moment as I am working from my
apartment now and can put those idle office hours to good use.

Brendan