Re: music Digest, Vol 48, Issue 11

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM, William Blackburn <bill_-@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When will this theme be available to use or will there be instructions on
> how to go about installing it?
> I am looking forward to maybe a Miles Davis theme playing the trumpet ").
> ÂThanks guys.

Well it is available now, you can either rebuild and install the
package, or use the repo in
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/elad/sound-themes/ (currently has
packages for F15 only, sorry about that but you should be able to
install that on F14 as well),

Enabling the theme under Fedora 14 gnome:

su -c 'yum install gconf-editor'
start gconf-editor from the menu.
go to desktop->gnome->sound
change the value of theme_name to beethoven-fifth.

Enabling the theme under Fedora 15 gnome:

su -c 'yum install gconf-editor dconf-editor'
start gconf-editor from the menu.
go to desktop->gnome->sound
change the value of theme_name to beethoven-fifth

write dconf-editor in the terminal
go to org->desktop->gnome->sound
change the value of theme_name to beethoven-fifth

I'm not sure if this particular component was ported to gsettings
(dconf) so I gave the instructions for both gconf and dconf on f15.
--
-Elad.