Re: JACK in F15

On 04/17/2011 11:00 AM, Christopher Antila wrote:
> I'm not clear what's going on here. Is this a bug that will be fixed? Is it a
> change for Fedora 15 and all future releases?

The error lies in the linker/toolchain that was used to build libffado.
I'm not sure exactly what the implications are here, but do know that
the scope of the problem is far wider than just jack/libffado.

I'll wait until the binutils maintainer completes his investigation,
before commenting on what the final outcome will be, but I'm sure we can
come up with a solution prior to F15 release.

Even if F15 shipped with the current linker we could patch libffado to
use a different one (ld.gold for example).

For those users who are not using firewire interfaces simply moving
/deleting /usr/lib64/jack/jack_firewire.so / or
/usr/lib/jack/jack_firewire.so will enable jackd to start.

In the meantime, I will try and prepare a working libffado package for
testing

Stay tuned.