Re: music Digest, Vol 44, Issue 26

On 31/07/10 12:46, William Blackburn wrote:
... 650 + useless quoted lines erased ;-)

> I have one question.   Wouldn't the real time kernel be compromised when
> using a live .iso?  I am new to real time pre-emption so you might need
> to dumb it down for me :).
The kernel is loaded into memory, and stays there. The trouble would
come if you tried to store your audio data on a CD, or start up another
application from scratch from the disc, in realtime (that won't happen).

For me the idea of dual spins is ideal:
1. showcase what you can do with only fedora
2. state of the art everything that fits within say 2GB or so.