Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Music Spin

On 18/07/10 12:03, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Bernardo Barros wrote:
>> When the Music Spin is comming? Next Fedora release?
>
> Hmm. Speaking from the Fedora side, I wish I could give a date. With
> the current resources, I would say, whenever we have the manpower.
> Maybe 3-4 more dedicated packagers later. Anybody feel free to join :)
And remember that if you have ever downloaded an application's source
code, then managed to build and run it locally, you are already some way
toward being a packager ;-)

rpm basically solidifies that knowledge into a .spec file to allow
repeatable builds, in a way that integrates with the system as a whole.

What time frames need to be met for Fedora to be able to have a hosted
spin ?

Remember that a Music Spin from Fedora can only contain packages already
in Fedora, so...
- what packages would you like to see on the spin ?
- don't forget that we can't package in Fedora non-free, nor patent
encumbered code...

> PlanetCCRMA side is another story.
At the moment, needed for special kernel (although with a quad core 3GHz
machine I'm not sure that I really require it ?).

Would CCRMA have enough resources for hosting a spin (maybe torrent)?

I'm keen to assist in the Fedora side; do we already have some wiki
information on what already exists, work done, goals and so forth ?

Cheers, David.

ps. On most fedora lists, when I  hit reply, thunderbird automatically
sets me to be replying to the list. But the music list seems to be
different: a reply fills in only the person who wrote the original
message. Do other people have this problem ?

If so, I'd like to hassle the list master to fix it up...