Re: Audio testers wanted

On 17/07/10 01:09, Simon Lewis wrote:
> > Many thanks for actual audacity and rakarrack versions.
> >
> > Out of curiosity are there any particular reasons for not using twolame
> > and disabling ffmpeg in Audacity?
Firstly, our guidelines require that when an upstream source archive
includes third party libraries, access to these internal libraries must
be disabled and the package instead (Build)Require the separately
packaged external library:
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Duplication_of_system_libraries>

ffmpeg: can't be in fedora, therefore we can't require it.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Forbidden_items#DVD_Playback

twolame: this seems to be an alternative to libmad. However, neither can
be included in a Fedora build:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Forbidden_items#MP3_Support

ffmpeg and libmad are enabled at the rpmfusion.org build.

Meanwhile, I would appreciate results of testing you did in the bodhi
comments, with a thumbs up or down depending on what you found ;-)

{thanks to our other music@xxxxxx users who have provided comments so
far}, David Timms.