Re: sound card order in fc9

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> And furthermore, the ordering of the cards appears to be
> non-deterministic!! That is, in a machine with two sound cards, repeated
> reboots end up with different cards in the first slot! How can that be?
> Something is throwing dice to select the card??

I had this kind of problem with a M-Audio USB MIDI interface. This
interface works only when it has been fed its firmware by the
computer. So on the first boot, it was detected last, after the init
scripts had a chance to upload the formware, whereas on subsequent
reboots, the firmware was already there and the interface was detected
before the PCI sound card.

--
Arnaud