Re: jack and /etc/security/limits.conf

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 06:27 -0800, Anthony Green wrote:
> I just can't imagine how a new user gets anything running without
> stumbling upon that README.Fedora file or searching for help on the web.
>
> Good idea?  Bad idea?  Suggestions?

We really need to put together a decent "How to get started" guide on
the wiki. Well, and a SIG page period. ;P Look at what the Games SIG is
doing. And the CCRMA@home docs is a good template as well. I've been
wanting to do this but I'm in need of round tuits...

Has jack's README.Fedora been changed to recommend a memlock of 131072
(128mb) or so? 50000 is really not enough. Its been like a year now and
131072 has served me well.

Not sure how we can do out-of-the-box setup that will be acceptable
distribution-wide. Perhaps we can do it debian style, add yourself to
the "jackuser" group if you want real time perms.