Re: realtime audio on Fedora?

Florin Andrei wrote:
Currently I run all my music software as root. Crude but effective.

But I wonder - is there a way to run jackd realtime as non-root on
Fedora 5?
Is the realtime lsm provided with FC5?
Or rlimits-aware PAM?

What are the answers to the same questions for the upcoming FC6?

Hi,

good news!
rlimits for rtprio and nice has been available in FC4 for a year or so.
And in FC5 from the start. Doubt it will go away in FC6... :)

$ grep rtprio /etc/security/limits.conf
#        - rtprio - max realtime priority

Setting rtprio to something sensible you can run jackd
realtime as non-root.

--
Vegard Lima