Re: Some notes from a cool meeting at RH today

Callum Lerwick wrote:
Yeah, this is a bit lacking in context. What are we going for here?

Music already has a solid standard, MIDI. Though what is sadly lacking
is a MIDI over IP implementation. The IETF is working on MWPP but I
haven't been able to dig up any implementations. I'm surprised its
taking so long. The current thinking is geared more towards non realtime collaboration, so something

like MIDI-over-IP isn't really related. At least not yet.

The current thinking is geared more towards non realtime collaboration, so something
like MIDI-over-IP isn't really related. At least not yet.

The idea is more to share content and music related resources. samples, loops, tracks, etc. A content server really. Think garageband or similar tools with the loop browser hooked
into a remote db with 10,000 loops.

Ideally, the FOSS tools would get hooked into it. Ideally there would be some way to
at least import data from other apps as well.

Adrian