Re: [Fedora-music-list] Late Introduction

Uzoma,

Greg DeK and I were meeting today and your email spawned an idea-- its time for those of us interested within Red Hat to hold an internal opensourceapalooza of some sort. Greg says he'll take the lead. Our team will gladly facilitate.

  David

uzoma nwosu wrote:
Hello, I'm Uzoma Nwosu. I'm a Level 1 Support Engineer in GSS. Just started in January. Can't say I have any skills. I've been a techno dj for almost 17 years, now. My radio show was one of the early shows unofficially broadcasting over the net on wxyc (I didn't set up the first stream, my dj partner at the time did while he was at Sunsite). I throw parties. And I am one of the organizers of signal: the southeast electronic music festival (www.signalfest.com).

What I would hope that we can do is really get the cream of the crop audio apps in fedora extras. I would really love to see audio have a higher profile in the linux community. And I gladly help in any way that I can to promote this.

As for hardware, I've got a SB Live, and an Audigy (can't remember which one). I'll have an old custom built Amd 1800 with 300Gb drive and 512Mb RAM that I can donate once I get my new machine in.

I know some of you are way more technical that I'll ever be but can we have a dialog of the big picture as far as apps are concerned? What is the criteria for bringing programs in? Is there any way that we not bring 10 billion audio tools that do the same thing? Oh, and here are a few apps that I am interesting in helping to bring in:

Mixxx - the closest usable digital dj app that I've found
LMMS - Because it actually works like Fruity Loops a good for early adoption for novices
Rosegarden - Haven't played with it but here it is solid
Ardour -  Played with it, looks solid, wish it had docs

That's probably thinking way too far ahead, but I wanted to get that out there.

Uzoma