Re: [Fedora-music-list] Greetings.

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 17:13 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> If you're on this list, it's because we've had personal correspondence
> that has led me to believe you'd be interested in being on this list.
>
> If I'm wrong, please feel free to unsubscribe yourself.  :)
>
> Let me first explain the general purpose of this list -- perhaps misnamed
> as fedora-music-list.
>
> I've had on-and-off discussions with Fernando Lopez-Lezcano for several
> months now, in which we've sorta kinda thought about forging a stronger
> relationship between Fedora and Planet CCRMA.

[Many thanks to Greg for keeping the email thread alive for quite a
while... I'm also copying Chris Chafe, CCRMA's Director and, ahem, my
boss :-]

> This list is the first
> attempt to bring a lot of people together around this effort.
> [MUNCH]
> In the short term, there's a number of Redhatters on this little list, and
> I'd like to scam whatever hardware we can to set up a Planet CCRMA demo
> system somewhere on the Centennial campus -- so people within the walls
> can see what's going on and get excited about it.
>
> So.  Anyone care to introduce themselves?

Sure: my name is Fernando Lopez-Lezcano and I have been working here at
CCRMA, Stanford University, since 1993[*].

I created and maintain Planet CCRMA, which is, just in case you don't
know, a package collection that installs on top of Fedora Core (these
days, the first versions - see the online changelogs - date back to
2001) and adds music and sound applications with a slant towards content
creation. Planet CCRMA is a side effect of me maintaining a bunch of
Linux workstations here at CCRMA, the environment we run (more or less)
is what you can find in the repositories... I'll be glad to answer
questions if you have any...

Best.
-- Fernando

[*] sysadmin for the computer and network infrastructure, lecturer, and
in my copious spare time, researcher and composer :-)
  http://ccrma.stanford.edu