Re: Release screenshots

On 11/07/2017 09:15 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Marketing has a release deliverable every release to produce
> screenshots. Here is the F27 ticket for this work:
> https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/266
>
> It seems we are not coordinated between the websites and marketing team
> on producing these and maybe are duplicating work? Last release, F26,
> the spins teams didn't provide their screenshots but it seems that
> spins.fpo has screenshots for all of the desktop spins. So I am
> wondering how those screenshots were produced, and if we could work
> together moving forward?

When I was active with this work, members of the Marketing team created
virtual machines for different Fedora editions / spins, took
screenshots, and added them to the wiki. The validation that this work
was worthwhile was that a lot of other media outlets (Phoronix,
ComputerWorld, LWN, etc.) use the screenshots we put up on these pages.

It would be worthwhile for Marketing and Websites to sync closer. I like
the idea of Marketing to keep collecting these screenshots, and the
Websites team can use the screenshots we produce (or can also help us
and we can upload them all to the same place).

If we decide to move screenshots elsewhere, we should make the move
clear (wiki page redirects, maybe a Magazine article?) so that media
outlets that already look at the wiki for screenshots can still find our
official screenshots.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory