Re: [magazine] Fedora Magazine Android app and wordpress plugin

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 10:49:16AM +0200, Alessio Ciregia wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm here to request if something could be done in order to better integrate
> this interesting app [1][2] with the Fedora Magazine wordpress site.
>
> This app is a sort parser of the magazine. It is very simple (from the
> point of view of the user) and focused on the magazine articles. The main
> lack, IMHO, is the absence of a notification system as soon as there is a
> new article. That way, if you want to see if there are new posts, you have
> to open the app.
>
> I'm not the developer of the app (he is in CC to this message), and I'm not
> a developer at all. But as far as I can understand, in order to work with
> Android push notifications, it is required some sort of plugin in the
> Wordpress instance.
>
> Is there room to better integrate this interesting app with the magazine
> web site?
>
> Thanks for your attention,
> A.
>

> [1]
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.gabrycaos.fedoramagazine&hl=it
> [2] https://github.com/gabrycaos/FedoraMagazine

I guess I don't understand the utility of this app.  Why would I not
want to use a general feed reader app?  An app that only reads a feed
from one source (the Magazine) doesn't seem useful to me.  But I might
be missing something important here, please apply a clue if so!