Re: [Marketing] Feedback needed on Fedora 25 announcements

Based on Zbigniew's feedback, and working with Matt Miller's announcement from the Red Hat blog, I have put together a new draft for review. Please review at your earliest convenience[1]

Peace,
Brian

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F25_general_release_announcement

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 01:20:52PM -0400, Brian Proffitt wrote:
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F25_general_release_announcement
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F25_general_press_release

"Download the prerelease from our Get Fedora site:"
→ "Download the release from ..."

This text is very low level for a "general release announcement". This
long list of detailed features is certainly informative, but it's not
something that'd make a casualr use think "Oh, new, shiny! I need to
try this out". At least the truly new stuff should be put first:
- Rust
- FMW
- Gnome 3.22 and Wayland by default
  I think that those two deserve more than a terse note
- Flatpak support
- Python 3.4, 3.3, 2.6

I'm sure that there's more stuff. What about the switchable graphics
support?

systemd 231 added initial support for the unified cgroup hierarchy,
a.k.a. cgroups2.  This is only enabled by a kernel command-line switch
(systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=1). It's quite low-level, but it
exposes an important kernel development, so it might be worth mentioning.

Zbyszek

--
Brian Proffitt
Principal Community Analyst