Re: Idea for F25 marketing blitz: Delivered in under 30 minutes or it's free

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 03:02:06PM +0000, Gabriele Trombini wrote:
> > I just updated my system and it took about 26 minutes. I think it'd be
> > fun to play with the 1980s pizza chain delivery promise, and have some
> > banners and maybe stickers with related slogans and graphics. (Of course,
> > Fedora is _always_ free; that should be worked in somehow.)
> If I'm not wrong, the meaning of "1980s pizza chain delivery promise" is
> the promise to get your ordered pizza before a established time, right?

Yes, specificially, delivered in 30 minutes or less.

> Well in this case I don't think this is a viable way because there are
> variables (like internet connection, hardware more or less ols, and so
> on...) we can't gather in a timing for the upgrade to be assured.

Yeah, we can't _actually_ promise it. There needs to be some fine
print.

[...]
> I'd like to reach an "evergreen" slogan for Fedora. I'd love something like
> Mercedes "The best or nothing". This slogan is ever recognizable;
> everywhere in the world, when you hear or read "the best or nothing" you
> suddenly think : Mercedes.

I like this idea in general, but in this case I'm looking more at a
targetted message addressing the specific "upgrades are pain" problem.
Using Mercedes as an example, like these "Keeps your cargo on the road"

http://adsoftheworld.com/media/print/mercedes_disaster_averted_1
http://adsoftheworld.com/media/print/mercedes_disaster_averted_2
http://adsoftheworld.com/media/print/mercedes_disaster_averted_3

or "Spots danger ahead"