Re: Fedora 25 Beta Announcement

On 10/05/2016 11:41 AM, Brian Proffitt wrote:
All:

I know the beta release decision is tomorrow, but in case it's a go, I
wanted to prep a draft of the beta release announcement[1] for everyone
to review. Comments are welcome in the wiki, or on the Pagure issue
ticket[2].

Feedback very welcome, as soon as you can!

Peace,
Brian

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F25_Beta_release_announcement
[2] https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/240

The announcement is looking fantastic to me! Thanks for spearing this one ahead of time, Brian. Next week is looking like it may just be a breeze.

One thought, it might be better to shift the "What is the Beta release?" and "Get Fedora 25 Beta" sections closer to the top. The first section will make it clear what's happening for anyone tuning in the first time, and the second change will be for the people who are looking for the links and don't want to read the full notes.

The content itself seems great to me. Big thanks to everyone who helped compile the talking points to make this easier.

Also, Brian, do you think you would want to create an companion announcement for the Fedora Magazine? The Magazine post can be (more or less) a full copy of the wiki page, just tidied up into HTML for WordPress. Not sure if you know about pandoc, but that would be a great tool for you to convert MediaWiki formatting directly to HTML (feel free to ping me about this in IRC if you need any help).

Looking forward to Tuesday!!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory