Re: What's new in Xfce for F25?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:31:30 -0400
"Justin W. Flory" <jflory7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> This email is being sent on behalf of the Marketing team in regards
> to the upcoming Fedora 25 release.
>
> We're in the process of generating talking points…
>
>      https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_25_talking_points
>
> …about what all is new in the different editions and spins of Fedora.
> As members of the Xfce SIG, we would like to know what all is new and
> coming up in the latest versions of Xfce for F25. A few bullet points
> about anything that's new is all that's needed. This can be added
> directly to the wiki page or you can reply to this email with the
> information, and we'll add them to the wiki.
>
> If you have info or knowledge about what's new in Xfce, please let us
> know in time for the Alpha release announcement - if emailing, please
> reply to the Marketing list or email me directly. Thanks all!

So, not much major is new. The Xfce version is still 4.12.

However, a few minor things:

* xfce4-terminal has been ported to gtk3 and vte291. Lots of bugfixes,
  support for unlimited scrollback buffer, support for magnet links,
  zooming, and tons of translation updates.

* xfce4-power-manager has been updated with a bunch of bugfixes and
  translation updates.

* xfce4-notifyd has been ported to gtk3 and has better theming
  capabilities.

* The Xfce live now contains firefox

Thats all I can think of off hand. :)

kevin