Re: [commops] Fedora Magazine article pitch: Containers & Building Fedora Images

On 08/11/2016 01:46 PM, Courtney Pacheco wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to write some articles for Fedora Magazine.

I basically want to discuss how we can build different types of Fedora
images using Imagefactory. For example, docker images, qcow2 images, etc.

I have some Github gists that I wrote a while back, which you can find
below (I promise they're not very long!).
https://gist.github.com/iamcourtney/133df26ef9b40d2071d6950e63e403c8
https://gist.github.com/iamcourtney/30c6c6d205326e335963abb0343b2100

Essentially, I want to encourage Fedora users to learn more about images
in general, and how to build their own images with Imagefactory (since
Koji and other tools are built on Imagefactory).

I also haven't seen any Imagefactory tutorials which do the same things
that I'm doing, not even in the Imagefactory docs.

So, I'm looking at writing a series of articles... maybe Part 1, Part 2,
and Part 3.

Part 1 - Why images? Why containers? Which image type is most suitable
for your needs (qcow2, qed, docker, vdi, vps, vmdk, etc.)?
Part 2 - Building Docker images
Part 3 - Building qcow2 images

I think this idea would be a magazine article as opposed to a Fedora
Community Blog article , so please let me know what you think :)

Best,
Courtney

Hey Courtney! Thanks for taking the time for writing these up and putting them on our radar.

At the weekly Magazine editorial board meeting tonight, we reviewed the content you had so far and thought it would all be excellent for the Magazine (in fact, a lot of us were interested in learning more about the topic too)!

Having this lined up as a three-part series to go out weekly would work well for our publishing schedule. If you could work on taking the content you have so far and creating three separate articles in the Fedora Magazine WordPress interface, this would be helpful for us and we can work on getting them ready to publish.

If you have any questions, let us know and we can lend a hand. Thanks again for thinking of the Magazine for this series. :)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory