Re: Social media for Flock

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A couple people noted in the Magazine meeting that last year's Flock
was a little spammy in use of Twitter/social media.  Would it make
sense to use a different account for "this talk is now on" type
things, and just have the @fedora account stay clear other than to
point people to that account if interested?

Other thoughts welcome.

Given that the % of people attending Flock vs. subscribed to @fedora on Twitter is pretty low, I'd say let's just do this:

- Tweet about keynotes
- Tweet about evening events
- Remote participation information if applicable
- One or two highlights from each day (e.g. anything we put up on Magazine or Community blog is fair game)

No more than 10 posts per day about Flock.

IMO we want to use the media channel and have widespread awareness of Flock, but as you say - don't want to be spammy about it.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Community Team, OSAS