Re: [Magazine] Tip for using the Molot font in featured images

On 06/15/2016 12:05 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
There are a number of us who help with featured images on the Magazine
articles.  The images help the articles look attractive on social
media and invite people to visit and read.

Here's a tip for using the Molot font in your images.  I picked this
tip up silently from Ryan, by looking at some of his work.

I typically use Molot for emphasizing words in a technically focused
post, or for very important text.  Molot's default spacing is really
wide -- abnormally so, in a way that doesn't look very attractive
IMHO.

When I use Molot for more than one word on a line, I use Inkscape's
word spacing tools to *reduce* the between-word spacing to a more
reasonable size.  It makes the headline look more attractive.  For
this reason, I also use Molot sparingly.

That being said, this is just my $0.02 and I'm very happy to see that
other folks are helping pitch in with featured images.  Nice work
everyone!

This is super useful feedback - thanks for sharing! Will keep in mind when working on any future featured images. :)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory