Re: [Magazine] Schedule for GA release week

Hey all,

On 06/09/2016 11:59 AM, Remy DeCausemaker wrote:
On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Marketing/Magazine folks,

I wanted to start ball rolling for Magazine schedule around the GA.
As I understand it, we would be publishing the following articles on
GA day:

* Official release announcement

  This has yet to be written I think.  Am I correct that Remy has the
  task of putting it together?

Correct. I'm going to ship this copy by EoB today God Willin' and the
crick don't rise.
--RemyD.

* What's new in F24 Workstation

  I'm working on this today and will have it ready to go shortly.

* What's new in F24 Server
* What's new in F24 Cloud

  Am I correct that these articles were desirable?  If so, is someone
  committed to write each one?

I believe these were desirable, but I think the problem is having someone to commit to writing them a week (or maybe longer since it seems the release is slipping) out from the release. We'd need to have someone strongly informed about what's new this release help pen the article, and then we could help polish it up in time, I think.

But for content, I can't imagine a reason to reject either article on the topic itself if someone was able to put something together.

There's also at least one potential follow-up article to be pushed at
some point *after* GA day:

* Upgrading from F23 -> F24 Workstation

  I saw Justin already has a draft of this article, and it's waiting
  on two things: (1) word that FESCo is OK with us promoting this; and
  (2) confirmation of when the capability is expected to be pushed in
  F23 updates.

Correct. The article is written so we can easily strip out the GUI upgrade if needed, and jhogarth said in #fedora-mktg this morning that he was working on getting screenshots.

Also, since things are slipping by one week, there is an increased likelihood that this will be possible, I think. But FESCo will have the final word on whether this is promoted.

Anything missing from this list currently?

Nothing comes to mind from me!

Cheers,
Justin W. Flory
jflory7@xxxxxxxxx