Re: Hi, I am Sumantro!

On 05/12/2016 08:02 AM, Sumantro Mukherjee wrote:
Hey Justin

I am Sumantro Mukherjee , joined Red Hat as an Intern. Before joining I contributed to Wikipedia by running the local chapter [1] and Mozilla as community builder and participation leader from my area [2][3]. I am in FOSS for last 3 yrs now and I would like to start off by writing posts for Fedora Magazine ( I have already started contributing to developers.redhat.com as a content writer)[4]. I am writing to you if you can help me getting started. I have a testday[5] coming and I intend to announce it on Fedora Magazine.Previously, I have written a mail introducing myself in the list and asking any moderator/admin to review it since that didn't happen. I thought of directly writing to you this time.

[1]https://www.facebook.com/Wikipediakolkatachapter/
[2]https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/SumantroMukherjee/
[3]https://reps.mozilla.org/u/sumantro/
[4]http://developers.redhat.com/blog/author/sumantrorht/
[5]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2016-05-16_Workstation_Graphical_Upgrade

Thanks
Sumantro

Hi Sumantro!

Somehow, this email was lost in my inbox and I'm only just now seeing it. Super sorry for the late response, but I think we can get you bootstrapped and familiar with how the Magazine works. I'm going to include the Marketing mailing list in my reply so the rest of the team can know that you are interested in writing too.

Firstly, when getting started with writing for the Magazine, you should check out this great intro post about how to write for the Magazine.

    https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-an-article-for-the-fedora-magazine/

This page has a lot of details and pointers for getting started you may find useful. Something that page mentions is writing a pitch for your article. A pitch is the first step for writing for the Magazine, and it's how the rest of the editing team can get the gist of what you're writing about. A link explaining how to write the pitch is below.

    https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-a-new-pitch/

Hopefully this should be enough to get you started. Seems like we probably missed the test day, but for any future articles you want to write about, we'd be happy to see anything you come up with! If you have questions, please let us know. If you need help resolving your mailing list issues, you can reply directly to me in an email - otherwise, try to use the public mailing list.

Sorry again for the late response, and welcome!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory