Re: [Marketing][Magazine] Updates to Diaspora article

On 05/22/2016 02:37 PM, Matt Harwood wrote:
John,

Very sorry but I won't be back home today to do the featured image as hoped - something personal has come up. Hope someone else has the time?

Matt

Matt Harwood
IT, Web and Business Consultant

Phone: 0770 8215 222

On Sat, 21 May 2016, at 04:20 PM, James Bishop wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> The changes discussed in last Thursday's meeting have been made to the
> Diaspora article. They are as follows:
>     * Added a quick step-by-step process to sign up.
>     * Added a screenshot of Fedora's diaspora page (which also shows
> account info)
>     * ridgemat is working on a featured image for the post.
>
> Additionally, the following changes have been made:
>     * A screenshot of the sign-up page has been added.
>     * The backslash has been re-added to the second occurrence of
> 'diaspora*', escaping the second asterisk. The backslash doesn't show
> up in the post preview, and omitting it will cause everything between
> those two asterisks to be italicized in said preview.
>
> You can preview the article here: https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=12844&p
> review_id=12844
>
> If you have any suggestions, please let me know and I'll wrap this up
> over the weekend.
>
> Best,
> James
> --
> Email had 1 attachment:
> + signature.asc
>   1k (application/pgp-signature)

James,

Sweet article.  Like the fact you highlight that you have  full control but  with the mention and non-discouragement of  using a non dispora.org pod  maybe a quick blurb about the linker/shortener [1] may be in order in the event you or others are unawares it is a  profile linkage and shortener that allows for use across all supporting pods. Mine is below [2] which can allow someone like myself whom originally  started with https://diasp.in (thanks to c0mrad for the invite :) ) to use there alias across all pods.

[1] https://dia.so
[2] https://dia.so/linuxmodder

--
Corey Sheldon
PGP (64b): 8B4E89435A88E539,59276298D2264944

Disclaimer:  All contents of this and any threaded correspondence should be deemed confidential and priviledged.