Re: Article Idea: What do you look forward in F24?

On 04/14/2016 09:18 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 03:33:59PM -0400, Justin W. Flory wrote:
On 04/09/2016 10:53 PM, Huiren Woo wrote:
Hey all,

This article idea was spun and discussed a little in a Common Ops. On to
the idea itself:

Interview various Fedora users about what they look forward to in F24
and why. We could do Fedora server, Fedora workstation all together in a
single article. The purpose of this article would be to excite folks
about Fedora and make them talk about Fedora. More details available on
Fedora Magazine [1].

What are your thoughts?

[1] - https://fedoramagazine.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=12557&action=edit

I'm personally +1 to this idea for the Magazine to help build some hype for
the upcoming release. If we could time this for the week of the beta
announcement, I think this article could have a very high impact right
around that time period. Maybe even the week before the beta drops to get
the suspense rolling.

I love the idea too.  The only thing I might suggest is holding on to
this until after Beta (during which time anyone can still download
it), but building excitement for GA.

That sounds like the best idea to me. So if we had this lined up and ready in advance for post-beta announcement, I think we could have the greatest impact then too. Let's aim for that!

I've thought about the idea a bit since I think we discussed this in IRC
last week. I feel like it would be better to try doing this in a single
article versus splitting it up to each edition. I think it would be cool to
do an article for each edition, but at the same time, I feel like that could
create a lot of duplicate work and might be a delay in getting the article
out on time. So I think it would be best to aim for fitting all of the
different interviews, quotes, and news into a single article.

Ha, spoken like a grizzled editor, Justin! :-)  I could go either way,
but I think your rationale here makes a lot of sense.

Okay, so let's shoot for a single, comprehensive article, and if we have the time and resources to split them into three, we can do that as a stretch goal for this.

Huiren, if you have any questions about getting started or writing the article, let us know. :) Thanks!

The format for this could take on the form of Jiri's article a while ago
with email clients. I think the way his article looked and was organized is
very effective.

     https://fedoramagazine.org/email-clients-fedora/

I say you could start putting this draft together now and aim to have it
ready the weekend before the week of the beta announcement, just so we have
plenty of time to review the content and make sure it all checks out.

I'm huge +1 and thanks to both of you for great input.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory