Re: [commops] [Magazine] Planning ahead for this Friday

On 31 March 2016 at 14:21, Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't think it's a young vs. old thing.

(1) April Fools Day doesn't translate everywhere, and we should be
seeking the widest possible international audience.

(2) Satire usually is about poking someone else in the eye, and that's
not good marketing.

(3) Your funny may be someone else's offense.  We should stick to
facts and features.

Let's leave this to other general and more snarky online venues,
please.

I can't see any *good* from doing April's fools articles ... I'd rather FM is kept a sane island.

As for the mail originating this thread the Ubuntu userland (bash and apt-get etc) on windows 10 isn't an April Fools ...