Re: [Marketing] Help Getting Started - Python Talking Points and Meetings

On 03/12/2016 09:40 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 08:53:35AM -0400, James Bishop wrote:
1. After reading through the TRAC, the project that interests me is the
Python talking points. That said, I'm unsure as to how exactly to go
about getting involved.

Probably the easiest thing is to start a wiki page and put a basic
outline together, and start collecting ideas there.

Hi James!

To help build off of what Matt suggested, there's definitely some ways for you to help with this. We had started discussing this in the meeting, and we had actually put out the idea of having a meeting dedicated to only this topic.

Anyways, in terms of what you can do to help, I'm assuming you're a developer using Python. What are some things that make you <3 Python in Fedora? Starting off with things that make developing easier for you is a great way to generate some ideas about things people can talk about Python in Fedora. Is there a tool or package you use that simplifies getting started or saves a lot of time? Is it something unique to Fedora (bonus points if yes, but don't rule it out even if it's not unique to Fedora!).

An idea I was thinking would be to contact the Python SIG and see what their interest in organizing another Porting vFAD day would be like (last time, over one weekend, several contributors and guest volunteers helped port Python software from Python2 to Python3).

Do you have any ideas of ways we can market Python in Fedora to people? If so, feel free to list off any of your own ideas too, either here or in the ticket.

    https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/219

Let us know if you have any other questions!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory