Re: Thoughts on my Drafts

On 02/15/2016 11:23 AM, Sylvia Sánchez wrote:
Hello everybody!

I've been updating a bit the drafts  "Gimp A fast overview"  and
"Installing another desktop"
The one about Gimp needs some more work, I had taken screenshots and I
think it will be ready for the weekend.

Excellent, this is great news to hear about the Gimp article. :)

The one about desktops needs images as I only have a couple of
screenshots  (uploading them later on).  I'm looking up for KDE links
(for those who may want further information) and adding some more
stuff.  I'm not sure if adding a  "Other desktops" title grouping the
less known environments, or leave it with just the three main desktops
(besides Cinnamon).

When you say three main desktops, I assume you mean GNOME, KDE, and Cinnamon? Looking at the article, I'm wondering what if we split it into smaller articles for each article, e.g. one about a quick install + configuration of KDE, another of GNOME, MATE, Xfce, so on and so forth.

I see a lot of good potential in this article to extend it and turn one big article into a few smaller pieces that could run for a little while longer. :)

So far, it's looking good to me. If we decide to keep it as a single article, I think grouping them the last few desktops towards the bottom might be a good idea, with links about where to learn more about each desktop.

Any thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory