Re: [Social Media] Fedora Magazine/Fedora Community Blog Updates?

On 12/17/2015 02:37 PM, Brian Proffitt wrote:
I would suggest that for Fedora Magazine and the Community Blog, we
follow Justin's suggestion and use Jetpack (or an equivalent) to
auto-post the publication of new content to the Fedora accounts on
Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. As Joe said, I don't think this will
flood the accounts at all.

Justin: I hear your concerns, but there isn't terribly much of a
negative effect if a social media account covers a broad range of
topics. Yes, there are certainly times when you want to break things up
into targeted areas (@redhatevents vs @redhatnews, for instance), but
that's primarily a marketing tool to channel customers into more direct
consumer niches. If the concern is content overload, then I would be
interested to see if JetPack or the equivalent would have scheduling
capabilities.

Okay, I see. Looking at what both you and Joe said, I think it probably won't hurt to having both hit the official channels, and it will probably help bring the CommBlog into people's feeds and help promote readership - I know I'm not a marketing master and you all have a decent amount more experience and knowledge than me anyways. :)

If it ever does become an issue, we can always just separate them in the future.

In the meanwhile, I definitely think the best way to hook this up is with Jetpack. My understanding is that it just requires someone who is both a Magazine / CommBlog admin and also has the keys to the social media accounts to set up automatic posting. This should be doable at this page:

    https://fedoramagazine.org/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=sharing

https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=sharing

Thanks all.

--