Re: [Magazine] [Time Sensitive!] LetsEncrypt Article

On 3 December 2015 at 02:40, Itamar <itamar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12/02/2015 11:53 PM, Justin W. Flory wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> James Hogarth (jhogarth) whipped together a quick announcement about
the LetsEncrypt public beta starting December 3rd, as well as a quick
how-to on using it in Fedora (currently only Rawhide).

>     https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=11100
>
> It would be awesome if we could try to get this article out on Friday
since this will be a hot topic across the web and it could help get some
good numbers for December too.

> Two things need to be done:
>
>   1) Another editing pass for content and readability
>   2) Featured image
>
> I was going to wait until the meeting, but I figured it would be best
if we could try to have it ready for approval at the meeting rather than
try to finish the draft after the meeting. :)

there are a pending review of LetsEncrypt why not wait a bit more and
publish this after we have LetsEncrypt packaged for fedora ?

The open beta is at 18:00 UTC today (and all the associated PR to go with it).

The earliest that this can arrive in a Fedora Rawhide compose will be some time Saturday given it need python2-acme 1.0.1 (which should end up in the rawhide compose tomorrow), an approval from a packager and then a compose the following day after that.

At this time I'm reluctant to give any probability of a F23 build due to the dependencies we've had to go through.

That essentially means a Fedora Magazine published on Sunday night/Monday missing the PR wave and it would still only be applicable for those testing a pre-alpha rawhide ...