Re: Magazine theme updates

On 10/15/2015 02:22 AM, Jason Brooks wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Lerch" <rlerch@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Fedora Marketing team" <marketing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2015 8:28:56 PM
Subject: Magazine theme updates

Hi all,

I have been working on the magazine theme, trying to get a bit of
functionaltuy in place for the upcoming systemd series.

Here is a quick test of it working on a sample wordpress:

http://fedoramagazine-rlerch.rhcloud.com/2015/10/09/systemd-article-1/

It uses a wordpress custom taxonomy to group the posts and display them
in the sidebar if a post is part of a series.
That's a nice feature -- looks good!

One bit of comment on the theme more generally -- I really like to see
date and author up near the top of a page. Those bits of information
are extremely important when you see a post and decide whether or
not to read on. Old posts are worth much less than current posts,
and a trusted/recognizable name goes a long way to establishing
interest -- I get annoyed when I have to scroll around for this info.

I mention it here because when I saw the subject line, this is one
of the updates I was wishing to see. :)

Regards, Jason

Awesome! I have created a feature request in the theme issue tracker here:

https://pagure.io/fedoramagazine-theme/issue/1

Also, everyone else feel free to file bugs / feature requests against the theme there too!

cheers,
ryanlerch

You can create a new series in the menu item in the dashboard Posts >
Post Series, and then you can add posts to a specific series in the editor.

In another quick edit in this version of the theme, i changed the recent
posts widget so it doesnt show the post you are viewing in the recent posts.

Will try to get this version of the theme up on the stage ASAP so you
all can have a proper look at it.

cheer,s
ryanlerch